HI-TONE Cabinets pay homage to Dave Reeves’ original cabs. Tradition has been followed where possible. Modern features have been selected where clearly an improvement.
Before being mounted into a HI-TONE cabinet, every speaker is pre-exercised via an exclusive HI-TONE process for a minimum of 72 hours to assure they are “ready to rock” out of the box.
The DR-F a HI-TONE exclusive:
As connoisseurs of the classic Dave Reeves tones, we were determined to develop and offer a speaker that could satisfy even the most critical fanatics.
Where to start? The Vintage Hiwatt Convention of course!
The DR-F is an exacting clone of the speakers that were the crowd favorite in the VHC speaker shootout for five years in a row. Bam! Market research complete!
How to recreate them?
We turned to our friends at Eminence Speaker in Kentucky. After months of effort, lots of listening tests, and several prototypes, the mission was accomplished. The result: The DR-F.
DR-F key specs:
- 75 watts
- 56oz. ceramic magnet
- 16 ohms.
The HI-TONE DR-F is the standard speaker in every HI-TONE speaker cabinet.
Standard Features of every HI-TONE Speaker Cabinet:
- Built in the U.S.A.
- Speakers pre-exercised via an exclusive HI-TONE process (no break-in period required)
- Premium Baltic Birch baffle and sides
- CNC finger joined corners for maximum strength and durability
- 1″ MDF ported back panel for ultimate acoustic performance
- Backs secured with bolts into threaded inserts (no wood screws to strip or crack the battens)
- 1 – Cliff (1/4″ phone) jack in cup for connection to amp
- Classic Styling
- Heavy duty vynide covering with white piping
- Salt & Pepper grill cloth
- Rubber feet on all 4×12, 2×12 and 1×12 cabs
- now shipping with vinyl cover
- casters optional
HI-TONE Speaker Cabinets may be Custom-ordered in your choice of finish. Allow additional time for delivery. Email us for a price quote.
We Ship Worldwide! Please contact us for shipping outside the USA.